In autumn 1941, more than 200 Jews from Barashi and the greater surrounding area were murdered in a field about 4 km from centre of town and hastily buried in two mass graves. After the war, the mass graves were surrounded by wooden fences, which later rotted and were removed. The plot of land surrounding the mass grave was reclaimed by nature and thus protected from agricultural use. No memorial or plaque is present here. There is still no proper access to the site.