Here, on the edge of a former airfield, on 5 February 1943, German and local policemen beat to death or shot about 300 Jews from the Chukiv labour camp who they considered unfit for work. Most of these Jews were from the Romanian-occupied territories of the Soviet Union and had been deployed here for construction work on Transit Road IV. Because they were murdered far away from their homeland, the place where they perished remained unknown to their families. No monument or memorial element for the victims is present at this site. The mass grave was reclaimed by nature, but this at least protected it from agricultural use.