Starting at the end of April 1942, German security forces, supported by local police, shot and hastily buried over 950 Jews in two mass graves in the field near Vikentiivka village, 3.3 km from the centre of Lypovets. To remember the victims, obelisks were erected here in the 1950s at the initiative of Holocaust survivor Leontii Usharenko. Usharenko had been sent out of a pit at the last minute and witnessed the murder of his family and friends. One of the mass graves was somewhat protected by large trees, whereas the other was increasingly at risk of damage due to agricultural work. In 2019, two memorials were erected and unveiled at the sites of the mass graves of the Jewish Holocaust victims.