On 9 October 1942, about 800 Jews from the Ostrozhets ghetto were shot here on the edge of town. The victims, among whom were the remaining Jews of Torhovytsia, were hastily buried in pits prepared in advance next to the Jewish cemetery. After the war, there was nothing here to recall the Jews. Erosion and roadwork in this area resulted in changes to the topography and the possible partial destruction of one grave. Part of the area was used for agriculture. As a result, a precise demarcation of the mass graves was no longer possible. The simple memorial site and information point, constructed in 2013, encompasses the mass graves as well as the former Jewish cemetery.