Before the war, the Jewish community of Plyskiv consisted of about 790 people. Only a few of them survived the Holocaust. Between 1941 and 1943, the main shooting site for the Jews from Plyskiv and the surrounding area was the former livestock cemetery outside of the village. During the biggest operation in October 1941, over 500 Jews were shot here in one day. An obelisk from 1976 does not mention the Jewish origin of the victims.
Additional mass shootings took place in the yard of the former NKVD building. The victims were hastily buried in several mass graves. At the initiative of a local businessman, part of this yard was surrounded by a concrete fence, but it was not officially recognised as a memorial site. An archaeological survey confirmed the existence of a mass grave here. The memorial site is to be augmented by a memorial stone and an information stela.