On 26 August 1942, approximately 1,300-1,500 Jews from the Ratne ghetto were shot and hastily buried in mass graves in a sand quarry near the village of Prokhid. After the war, there was nothing here to recall the victims. The mass graves were partially damaged by sand extraction. As a result, human remains were scattered across the terrain. During an archaeological ground survey, the location of four mass graves could be determined. These graves are now protected by the new memorial site. A memorial stone erected by survivors in 1995 stands about 150 meters from here.