The New Jewish Cemetery on the edge of Rava-Ruska was used as a mass grave site during the German occupation. About 2,000 Jews were shot here in front of the cemetery during the ghetto clearance operation in December 1942. Another 1,000 were shot in the ghetto and buried here or in the cemetery. The mass grave was left unmarked after the war and was soon reclaimed by nature. The cemetery was destroyed. Only a small collection of old gravestones, possibly from the Old Jewish Cemetery in the town centre, remained. The memorial site, built in 2014, marks and protects the mass grave. A memorial wall was built from the gravestones stacked at the cemetery. The wall marks the site of the former cemetery entrance and the boundary between the cemetery and the mass grave.